Vegan Coconut Ice Cream – Guilt Free!
This Vegan Coconut Ice Cream recipe from MindBodyGreen.com seems to have everything going for it. It's simple, vegan, gluten and refined sugar free plus it manages to be sweet enough to still feel like an indulgence. This recipe shapes up in no time and can easily be taken on an afternoon family project. We hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as we did!
It seems like chocolate and vanilla always take the spotlight when it comes to desserts. But when there's an option for coconut desserts that have just the right amount of tropical flavor, nothing else compares.Coconut dessert recipes offer a different kind of sweetness, with a flavor that's just right during the summer.
- 2 cans of organic full-fat coconut milk
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
1. Chill the coconut milk cans in the fridge overnight.
2. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Run the mixture through an ice cream machine as per instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream machine, place in the freezer in a large container and freeze until firm (approximately 4 hours), removing every hour to whisk with a fork.